Generator Connection Box Highlights
- Also called Generator Tap Box
- Provides a safe means to connect portable generator cable to facility
- Dual-rated mechanical lugs on bus
- Outdoor rated Type 3R enclosure
- Hinged door on bottom for portable cable access to Type 3R enclosure
Generation Connection Box with Mechanical Lugs ( 100 Amp ). This outdoor rated Generator Connection Box contains dual-rated mechanical lugs for generator portable cable connection to internal bus bars. This type of connection is typical when portable cables are not provided with Series 16 Cam or Posi-Lok™ connectors. Appropriate sized mechanical lugs are mounted on the bus bars for easy connection of such “bare ended” cable. Portable cable entry into the enclosure is through a secure hinged door on the bottom of the enclosure. The mechanical lugs provide a method for safe connection of portable cables by qualified personnel. The front door can be secured with a padlock for added security.
These Generator Connection Boxes, or Generator Tap Boxes, are designed for use in waste water treatment facilities, community centers, gas stations, hospitals, fire / police stations and other facilities requiring portable power during utility outages.
Company Switch Main Enclosure:
- TYPE 3R
- Galvanized Steel, ANSI 61 Gray powder-coat finish
- Hinged door for portable cable access on bottom of enclosure
- Wall mounting brackets.
Available Voltage Ratings:
- 120V. – 1Ø, 2W+G
- 120/240V. – 1Ø, 3W+G
- 120/208V. – 3Ø, 4W+G
- 208V. – 3Ø, 3W+G
- 277/480V. – 3Ø, 4W+G
- 480V. – 3Ø, 3W+G
Generator Connection Box Dimensions:
- 30”H. x 24”W. x 10” D.
Available Ampacity Ratings:
- (1) set of dual-rated lugs mounted on bus.
- Laser engraved cam identifiers and panel rating.
- Cable connection warning label per NEC Art 520.
- UL Listed